Sooji Halwa Recipe
Sooji- 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Water- 1/2 cup
Dessicated coconut- 1/2 cup
Cardomom seeds ground- 1/4 tsp
Oil/ Ghee- 1/4 cup
Almond/pistachios- to garnish
1. Put the water and sugar to boil until its thick.
2. Roast the sooji in half of the ghee until fragrant. Make sure u keep stirring on low heat to prevent burning. It changes color when its done.
3. While stirring, add in the coconut, cardomom powder, the sugar syrup and the rest of the ghee.
4. Keep stirring until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
5. Dish it out on a flat greased dish and spread it out to an inchs thickness.
6. Sprinkle almond and pistachios.
7. Leave it to set for 10 minutes and then cut into cubes.